|The mission of Nursing Services is the continuous quality improvement of the provision of nursing care.|
Hence, the co-operation and participation of nurses, in their multidisciplinary and challenging role which makes up the Health Care Team, is vital. This can be achieved by capable planning and co-ordination of all specialties in the field of public health, the work of whom is, to a large extent, interdependent.
Towards the goal of continuous quality improvement of provided nursing care, the following activities are promoted:
- Determination and application of nursing policy
- Human resource management
- Auditing the quality of care
- Improvement of the working environment
- Observation of international developments in the field of nursing research and health.
- Recording and maintenance of necessary information in relationship to the staffing of Hospitals and Rural Health Care Centers.
- Efficient human resource management of nursing personnel.
- Planning and co-ordination of continuous professional development and specialized programs.
- Development and re-evaluation of the examination system in relationship to acquiring and maintaining license to practice of the nursing profession.
- Co-operation with School of Nursing so that there is a sufficient amount of graduates to cover the needs of the public and private sector.